St. Joseph Novena

O St. Joseph, whose protection is so great, so strong, so prompt before the Throne of God, I place in you all my interests and desires. O St. Joseph, do assist me by your powerful intercession and obtain for me from your Divine Son all spiritual blessings through Jesus Christ, Our Lord; so that having engaged here below your Heavenly power I may offer my thanksgiving and homage to the most Loving of Fathers. O St. Joseph, I never weary contemplating you and Jesus asleep in your arms. I dare not approach while He reposes near your heart. Press Him in my name and kiss His fine Head for me, and ask Him to return the Kiss when I draw my dying breath. St. Joseph, Patron of departing souls, pray for us.

Amen

Monday, January 2, 2006

A Gift of Gracias

A Gift of Gracias: The Legend of Altagracia
A Gift of Gracias: The Legend of Altagraciaby Julia Alvarez, illustrated by Beatriz Vidal, Knopf Books for Young Readers.
Julia Alvarez tells a beautiful story of a young Spanish girl who helps to save her family's farm with the help of Our Lady of Altagracia. A Gift of Gracias is available in many libraries, however, my family recommends purchasing this picture book. The feast of Our Lady of Altagracia is January 21.

No comments:

Post a Comment